Bigger not always better
For today's post, I decided to feature my new North Face Thunder Down Jacket.
I know, I haven't even left NYC yet so why am I blogging? Thought I'd do a bit of a product push for some of the travel items I researched that would be functional for the road. Maybe I'll discover my true desire is to be in product or brand management.... ^_^
I've been fast-n-furious with the credit card swiping so that I could buy all the things I'd need to travel comfortably with. When the next credit card bill comes, I plan to close my eyes, pay in full and forget it ever happened.
Anyhoos, this little dynamo of a jacket was recommended by many travel and outdoor enthusiast sites. I bought it specifically for my jaunt down to Peru, so I could trek up Macchu Pichu and stay warm at the campsite without weighing myself down during the hike.
North Face claims that it's supremely warm with 800 goose down fill, yet weighs a mere 11.8 oz! That's less than a pound. Not only that, but ...tada! presto-chango and it compresses and FOLDS INTO ITS OWN POCKET!! Remember Popples everyone ?? .. oh never mind.
Genius.
I took a few pics of it next to some ordinary objects so you can see how it compares size-wise. (you'll see it next to an MJ wristlet, an iphone, a remote, and a chapstick.) Unravel it and wait for the magic to happen. It blooms into a full sized women's down jacket, and gooseflesh begone! I can't wait to take this baby out in chilly weather to see how it really holds up.


No comments:
Post a Comment