Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm alive everyone!

Hi all,

I know, I've been super duper lazy about posting on this blog but I truly have been too busy having fun and travelling from place to place. Wifi has also been spotty or non-existent in a few of the places I've stayed, so massive apologies for fooling you into following me on my "blog".

You'll be pleased to know that I'm still safe, alive and having the time of my life. It's really been a blast; every moment has been dear to me, it's really been beyond any of my expectations (tip i've discovered: try not to have ANY expectations and you'll always be pleasantly surprised!). I've got tons of pictures also. I've not a photogapher in any sense but I've been trying to capture every moment on film, so you will probably see a lot of landscape still-life shots from every angle while I experiment with using this digital camera.  I brought an 8 GB sd-card with me and I'm already at 80% capacity!

Just a quick recap - I've been through Paris with Spumoner and then met up with SLee and Devi-ous in Cinque Terre, blazed through Barcelona and now in the gorgeous seaside town of San Sebastian, Spain. The wifi is busted at my hotel but I'm currently blogging from a cafe overlooking the Mediterranean sea at Cafe de la Concha at sunset, with a glass of Cava (Spanish local bubbly). I've had at least two glasses of Cava a day since hitting Spain. :)

Anyhoosits, I am doing great and tomorrow's agenda is dining at Akelarre, a 3 starred Michelin restaurant known for it's avant-garde cuisine...all of our foodie adventures have been leading up to this so let's hope it's a good one. It will be, at the very least a 200 Euro per person adventure. Probably lots of foam and nitrogen based amuse-bouches but it will definitely be an experience with Spumoner.

I will leave it here with a few pictures that I've taken throughout the journey in Europe. I *do* plan to give a detailed breakdown of what I did each day, but I guess I'm having too much fun to do so :) (i know you want to throttle me while you're at work, but trust me, I miss you guys!)



Seine River at night from Pont de Artes bridge, Paris



Saint Chapelle Church in Paris



Notre Dame, Paris



In Riomaggiore, one of the five towns of Cinque Terre



View of our village in Manarola in Cinque Terre (the best town, methinks)



At Vie a Pe cafe during sunset overlooking view of Riomaggiore



Antonio Gaudi's "Park Guell" in Barcelona



Antonio Gaudi's "Sagrada Familia" Church, Barcelona's famed Modernisme architect



Roof of Antonio Gaudi's "La Pedrera" or "Casa Mila" in Barcelona



These colors are not edited :) Don't you love Spumoner's dress?



close up of the "trencadis" (random broken tile) mosaic technique



Hike to top of Monte Urgell in San Sebastian, Spain



The view I'm looking at right now while I blog at sunset in San Sebastian



that is me blogging to you guys now, at Cafe de la Concha, San Sebastian Spain

************

Well, that's just a preview of the places I've visited. Until next time, I will bid you ADIOS, MUCHACHOS!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty amazing shots.

    Was the blogging pic a self-portrait on timer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Le musée de Gaudi est optimisé lorsque hallucinant sur le LSD

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome pics sher wing. sounds like you are having a blast! Your world wind vacation is totally off to a great start. Can not wait to hear more about it. keep us posted when you can tear yourself away from the gorgeous views and good food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i live vicariously through your blog :D that sunset is gorgeous. we just had a tornado in new york :( so enjoy the lovely weather where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome places. did you see Gaudí's church? that is an amazing piece of architecture too.

    Love your travel gnome. its seems like you are truly a kindred spirit enjoying the freedom of life.

    Continue to have fun and be safe.

    All the best,
    Tony

    ReplyDelete